Three Locations Course
The Three Locations course is not about attending lectures in stuffy rooms; it’s about practical on-site instruction with a qualified photographic coach. This means individual attention and expert guidance in situations where you are actually taking photographs. And of course, you know this: the fastest and most effective way to learn is this method of instruction. You will receive e-booklets as well as abbreviated pocket guides which will remind you of settings and recommendations when the course is over.
Welcome to the PhotoCoach method of learning photography. You won’t be disappointed. And join in our weekly themes as well. That part will ensure your continued growth and it won’t cost you a cent. Keep your eyes open for the seminars we run from time to time as well. You will find all this information on the Facebook Page.
Our growing community is waiting to welcome you with open arms.
Getting to know your camera
In this session, we will go through the workings of your camera so that you will be able to use the professional settings with ease.
Venue to be announced in Hout Bay, Cape Town.
2 March, 2019 from 15:00 Hrs to 16:30 Hrs
Half an hour will be spent on Understanding Composition and an e-booklet supplied.
This seminar is open to the public as well as delegates.
First Location: Nature Photography
Nature photography is probably the most therapeutic of all the assignments because it involves seeing what is around us on this planet with fresh eyes; getting down low and looking at the way light affects the surfaces of leaves, how colours change in different light. This assignment will give you permission to be a child again, to see with new eyes and hear with new ears. You will learn:
- How to vary Depth of Field
- Use different backgrounds and how important they are
- Learn to create bokeh for effect
- How to compose for nature
- How to counter the wind and soften the sun’s effect
- And many other tips and tricks
Venue: Meeting at Vide e Caffè, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town
9th March 2019 from 15:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs.
Second Location: Street Photography
Street photography has become an art form and is an important way of learning to compose artistically. We will go out in a group to learn the techniques, having studied the booklet on street photography with all its recommendations on camera settings and focus controls. In this session, you will learn:
- To take images unobtrusively and quickly and so increase your skills.
- New ways of shooting from different angles of view.
- The techniques of using Live View when you want to remain anonymous among the crowds
- About shutter speed, how to freeze or blur your subjects to create effects.
- About depth of field should you want to blur backgrounds
Venue: Meeting at the Company Gardens Restaurant and from there into the streets of Cape Town.
16th March 2019 from 15:00 Hrs to 16:30 Hrs
Third Location: Landscape Photography
Land and seascapes is a specialised art form and there is a lot to learn about composition and technique. There is nothing more healing to the soul than being out in the right light and knowing that you are about to create a masterpiece. We will teach you the secrets learned over decades and make sure that you come away inspired to get out there as often as you can. We teach you:
- About focal length and why a wide-angle lens is not always necessary
- How to make your landscapes as sharp as possible
- How to slow down your shutter and blur water movement
- How to wait for the right light and recognise those few seconds when it is at its best
- How to use tripods and make sure there is no movement at all with the camera
- And many, many other techniques
Venue: Meeting at the Clocktower at the V&A Waterfront and from there a walk to some key points.
23 March 2019 from 19:30 Hrs to 21:00 Hrs
Tripods are necessary for the last location.
The price of this course is R1 500
Included in the price:
- Booklets describing best techniques for each location
- Small Pocket Guides to keep with you wherever you go in the future
- Critiques of 3-5 images per week
- A certificate issued after the course for those who have submitted images
A FREE voucher/birthday card is available if you want to give this course to someone for their special occasion.
At just R1500 for 4 sessions, (and one FREE course) – including booklets and your own personal coach, what are you waiting for?
Other course dates this year:
June 1,8,15,22, 2019
August 3, September 7,14,2, 2019
November 2,9,16,23, 2019
4 weeks too long for you? Condense this course with the Accelerated Course. Click here
Registration form or more inquiries:
If you would like to register for this course, or simply ask us questions, please fill out the form below: